SAGE: Green Modular Classrooms
With increasing enrollments and larger classroom sizes, we understand your school district’s need for a healthy classroom option for every child. That’s why Satellite Shelters, Inc. has partnered with Portland State University to supply a truly innovative learning environment called the SAGE Classroom.
SAGE stands for Smart Academic Green Environment. This new green modular classroom combines the latest thinking in healthy educational settings with the best in green building practices and promises to be a truly affordable and sustainable alternative to the status quo.
SAGE: Exterior View
SAGE is healthy, flexible, and sustainable.
Typically, modular classrooms are not just a temporary solution for school districts, but plan to keep them for many years. That’s why the SAGE green portable classrooms were developed to enhance the learning experience, increase the building’s life cycle, and reduce maintenance costs.
As for the math, here are a few numbers to consider: SAGE Classrooms can house 25-30 students, can last 30-40 years, use 45% less energy, and take 1/3 less time to build.
SAGE: Interior View
What’s so unique about SAGE?
- Innovative Modular Design that increases flexibility and reduces both site infrastructure and environmental impact.
- Up to 4x more window area than a standard portable classroom, allowing more natural light to filter into the building.
- Improved HVAC systems that contribute to significant energy savings and generate 3x the fresh air.
- Aluminum windows, bio-based flooring, and non-VOC paint to eliminate toxins.
- Interior cork walls and exterior writing surfaces to accommodate multiple teaching styles.
- Higher, sloped ceilings that allow for an open classroom setting.
- Steel construction for a better-built building that can withstand several relocations.
With shrinking budgets, aging buildings, and fluctuating enrollments, school districts are turning to green portable classrooms to complement their brick and mortar facilities. The SAGE Classroom offers the flexibility of re-locatable classrooms, the affordability of modular construction, the desirability of a healthy learning environment, and the sustainability of green building materials — all in an award-winning design.
SAGE: Because every student deserves a healthy classroom.
Want to find out more? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 453-1299