Dear Valued Partners:
Information surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic is rapidly changing. Satellite Shelters, Inc. takes the health and safety of our customers, employees, vendors, and families very seriously.
We currently remain fully operational and open for business and are assessing the situation on an ongoing basis. We are following the recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local authorities.
We recommend that you stay up-to-date and follow your local authorities as to the specifics of how to keep you and your family safe, but there are several things you can do now to protect yourself:
- Implement the following hygiene practices:
- Be diligent in washing your hands. Do it often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with the crook of your elbow or shoulder, or with a tissue (not your hands). Wash your hands immediately after.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill.
- Cancel or reschedule any non-essential travel.
- Clean and disinfect high traffic areas and surfaces including light switches, door handles, thermostats, shared computers, telephone handsets and headsets, computer equipment, monitors, etc.
- Limit gatherings and meetings by postponing or rescheduling events to be tele-conferencing only.
If you currently have a unit on rent from Satellite Shelters, here are some reminders and ways to keep your office clean:
- Disinfect light switches, door handles, thermostats, desk areas, etc. at least daily, if not more often.
- If your office includes a restroom, clean and disinfect the sink and toilet areas as well as handles. Consider using a paper towel to flush, turn off water, and open doors.
- Replace your air filters monthly and make sure your vents remain open to keep air circulating.
Please know that we are continuing to monitor the situation very closely and appreciate everyone’s support, patience, and understanding. We are in this together.
Satellite Shelters’ top priority is the safety and health of our customers, employees, vendors, and families.
More information and resources on COVID-19 can be found here:
- CDC, Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
- CDC, State & Territorial Health Department Websites: https://www.cdc.gov/publichealthgateway/healthdirectories/healthdepartments.html
- WHO, Protect Yourself: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public